A mixed media travel card


Hello everyone, it's Susanne again with a mixed media travel card. I used the Rubber Dance Travel stamp set. It's one of my favourites because it's so vintage an the images are adorable!

Here is a tutorial on how I created this card:


First of all I started with some stenciling. I used a stencil (one from Theresa Collins) and some Distress Ink Walnut Stain and blended the color (using the round blending tool) form the outside to the middle. After that, I stamped the Vintage Globe Map and the Vintage Hotel Recipe with some Archival Ink Coffee.


In the next step I distressed my paper a little bit more by coloring the edges with Distress Ink Walnut Stain and some stenciling using the Tim Holtz Speckles Stencil. I also altered the edges with my craft knife.

I stamped my main image (Venezia), the Compass and the Sentiment on some white paper and distressed the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink (I used my craft knife to alter the edges of the sentiment a little bit more). I colored my main image and the compass also with Distress Inks. I've got a video for you on how I created the woodgrain background. You need some craft cardstock, gesso, gelatos and a black pen.



I distressed the background using the Speckles stencil again and wiped with a baby wipe over the woodgrain background. Because it's created with Gelatos on some Gesso the color will wipe away.




All the stamps I have used for my card can be found on this page:
www.rubberdance.com/travel.html


I hope you had some fun! Have a nice day an keep on crafting!

Hugs, 
Susanne
My blog: http://clayscrapkreativ.blogspot.de


To see all the cool stamps at Rubber Dance, click here

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Susanne! Your card is absolutely gorgeous and I love how you colored our Venezia stamp to make it pop out like that - brilliant! Love your wood grain tutorial. Looks so easy, and the result is amazing!! I look forward to seeing your next projects as our guest designer. :-))))
xox
Anonymous said…
Susanne, I am so loving this card! It is awesome! I have one question: I am trying to figure out how your background card turned from brown to white, Because it is beautiful as it is.
Liebe Grüße
Gabriele
Unknown said…
Oh I adore the woodgrain and the colouring of that image is gorgeous!!!
Cataleya said…
WOW!!! Dear Susanne, it's amazing card!!! So lovely colors!!! :)))
~ Olga Kovalchuk

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button