Life as a puzzle by Irit Shalom


 Hello my dear crafty friends!

Irit is here and this time I am going to share my new project  that was made a tribute to trends.
I am not a very trendy girl when it comes to outfits or home decoration; but when I craft I try to incorporate a few of  latest trends as usually people are looking for them. But then it's always my own take of those trends.

So here are some trends I tried to show on this altered recycled puzzle trio:
Pink and Aqua colors - but I made them more saturated.
Recycling - this one is done "as is": the puzzle pieces were found in the  trash and I really up cycled them to this art piece.
Chipboards: I used at least one chipboard over each puzzle piece, but I altered them a lot as a usual trend is to leave them bare, whitewash or inked a bit.
Mixed Media art trend - ongoing one: I tried to make it " lighter"; not to cover all pieces with a heavy layer of gesso, masks, mists and inks. Just to use stamps, some inks and embossing powders over this piece.
It still counts as Mixed Media, but in my own really light way.


And now for some close-ups.
Each puzzle piece was stamped with a one main encouragement sentiment from Something Wonderful set with clear embossing ink and heat embossed with black fine detail powder. Then I stamped Lace background around the sentiment with the same ink and white fine detail embossing powder. Then I added a few of Collage elements stamps with black embossing again over the white lace image. Both powders work as emboss resist technique when you ink/color over them; so I used a mix of distress Ranger inks to make the color mix over the pieces.


The chipboards were glittered with blue glitter embossing powder and glued over the pieces.




I made the holes with my forgotten hole punch and tied some vintage ribbons to connect the puzzle pieces. Some random pearls are my only extra embellishment over this piece as I wanted the stamps to shine and not to be covered with embellishments.


I hope you got some inspiration from my art piece. See you again soon!

Irit
My blog: http://iritshalom.blogspot.co.il


Rubber Dance products used :


You can meet us on Facebook - come over and say hi!

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you so much, Irit - this is so cool! I love the vibrant colours and using puzzle pieces is a great idea! I've had some laying around for some time now (bough them at a second-hand store), but keep forgetting to use them. Thank you for the reminder! :-)
xox
Cataleya said…
WOW!!! Dear Irit, you always create such cool projects!!! I love how you use stamps! :)
~Olga Kovalchuk
Susanne Rose said…
Irit, this is totally awesome. I love the colors you've used! Hugs, Susanne.
TwinkleToes2day said…
What a fabulous piece of pieces, lol. Really lovely and inspiring :D
Anonymous said…
What a cool project, I like the stamping a lot!! Nice idea!!
Unknown said…
Lovely Mixed Media piece Irit - Love those colours and that yummy glitter! x
Martice Smith said…
So beautifully unique! I love how you used puzzle pieces for the layout. So intriguing and clever!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button