My Altered Book goes Rubber Dance


Hello, how nice to see you here at Rubber Dance art stamps! My name is Gabriele from Art-a-tag and I am a mixed media artist from Germany. Today I want to show you how I use the wonderful Rubber Dance stamps in my projects, like an altered book.
I very much like this one, because it has many vintage photographs, which really inspire me. The following video shows a walkthrough to give you an impression of the project. This is my first video, so please be kind with me and forgive the stuttering and "hms" and "ehs" and my searching for words. But I hope you will have some fun with it.


You can see how wonderfully Rubber Dance stamps work with mixed media. I can use them with ink or acrylic paint and they blend nicely with the background just the way I like. The following photos show clips of some stamped areas. Mostly I used permanent ink, some are done with acrylic paint. If you need a crisp image, you should stamp on paper and collage the image, like I did with the face.

detail8mWRD

Detail1mWRD

detail2mWRD

detail4mWRD

detail3mWRD

detail5mWRD

detail6mWRD

detail7mWRD
Many of the pages, you saw in the video, are still in progress. I posted the pages on Pinterest, but they might be changed, as I am coming back on them to change little things, some more doodling or stamping. And new ones will be added. If you are interested, you can find them on my Pinterest page

Here are the stamps I used from Rubber Dance:
Flourishes, 
Vintage Script, 
ATC Backgrounds 1, 
Round in Circles, 
Collage Mix, 
New Retro Beach, 
Antique Botanicals, 
Something Fishy,
and CP Checkers and Diamonds (from Cherry Pie Art Stamps)

Thanks for being with me today. I hope I could give you some inspiration and it would be lovely to see you next month. You are also very welcome to visit me on my blog artatag.wordpress.com.
I wish you a very happy and creative time!

Gabriele from Art-a-tag

Rubber Dance webshop: www.rubberdance.com
We would be happy if you join us on Facebook for the latest news!

Comments

Majo said…
An amazing piece of art work, dear Gabriele. I love it! ♥
Lizzy Hill said…
I really enjoyed the video...what a great book to use as an art journal.....& your colours are so vibrant against the blacks and whites.......great way to use the RD stamps. TFS:):)
Bibi Lindahl said…
First video ever - of many more to come, I hope! :-D
Well done, Gabriele! Looks like a really great book to work in as a starting point. I've never tried anything like that. Thank you so much for showing us!
A stunning altered book, I love how good you've got it all to fit together. A really good idea.
Hugs, Susan
Unknown said…
Great job Gabriele. Welcome to the wonderful world of You Tube! I look forward to your next one. Your book looks fab. I particularly like how some of the original page remains. X
Unknown said…
You have such a great technique for making incredible art in your book Gabriele. Thanks bunches for sharing. Totally loved seeing every page and how you used the fabulous Rubber Dance Stamps too. j.
Craftyfield said…
So interesting to see how you use the book as support for your art. Lots of creativity there, very enjoyable to watch.
ionabunny said…
Wow, great pages. Hugz
Fantabulous post and wonderful video. I had no problems with any Uhhh or ummm moments. :) Your pages are stupendious and showcase those stamps superbly. Bravo! ~Niki

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!