Interview with DT member Anita






Name: Anita Sæløen, also known as Niti
Location: Bergen, Norway


How long have you been stamping and what made you start?
WelI, I think I began stamping three/four years ago. What started it all was that I was home sick and bored. I thought I'd like a cool hobby and I'm not exactly a knitting and crochet kind of girl .... :-)  So I was surfing around a bit on the internet, including Youtube, when I suddenly discovered Dyan Reavley.  I was totally fascinated by her both as a person and by what she makes.
That is how it all began.


How do you improve your skills and/or learn new techniques? 
I develop myself and learn new techniques by taking courses, watching youtube and watching some of all the great tutorial that can be found around blogland. Right now I'm taking three (!) online courses with Tim Holtz called Creative Chemistry 101, 102 & 103. They are incredibly informative and inspiring. I also learn a lot from the other Rubber Dance DT members, and of course I learn a lot by sitting in my creative room and just trying new techniques, colours and stamps.

How would you describe your style?
That's a good question.  I think my style is a little crazy, colourful, messy, whimsical and inky.... phew :)  I love Mixed Media Art.  That's me.  Mix everything together and finally create unique art.


What do you make the most often? 
I must admit that I like to play in my Art Journals, but I'm also very fond of manilla tags and canvases of course.  Sometimes I even make cards and ATC's.  And recycling, taking old paper bags, nut cans or coffee cups and making them completely different and unique.


Which materials/products do you frequently use?
I use almost always gesso.  The only time I don't use gesso is if I use my Dylusions Ink Sprays.  I use Archival Ink when I stamp images for coloring.  Also I use stamps - loads of stamps, both the background and the main subject.  I also use stencils regularly.


How often do you make something? 
Well, it all depends on my condition and whether there is time to create something.  With a three year old in the house there isn't always time and space for a mother to be creative :-)  I may start a lot, but do not get time to finish, so maybe an average of three-four times a week.

Where do you buy the supplies you need?
I shop at Rubber Dance - obviously!  I also shop at Hjerteboden, HobbyKunst Norge and Bikuben.


Are there any particular stampers you would like to meet? 
Yes, I have all the time - since I got this passion, dreamed of meeting Dyan Reaveley and Tim Holtz.  There are many great artists out there, but these two are my absolute favorites.  Actually, in September, half my dream will be fulfilled - I'm going on a two-day course with the Lady her self - Lady Dy (Dyan Reaveley), and I'm excited as a little child!
I must admit that I am very fascinated and have been very inspired by Helen Allen, Marta Lapkowska, Tracy Scott and Karen Haysleden, but I'm unsure if they can be called stampers. I would love to meet them too.
And I have a dream to meet the others on the Rubber Dance DT team!  I've been lucky to meet the big boss, Bibi That was really nice!  I had a tour of her workshop where she makes the most amazing stamps and we drank coffee and talked.  A very nice meeting which I would gladly repeat several times.



I have been a member of the Rubber Dance Design Team since August 1, 2015 and what I like the most about being on this team is that it is the best team ever and the world's best boss!  Everyone is very good at encouraging and providing positive feedback, and all are incredibly talented artists that I get a lot of inspiration from and not least tips and ideas.
You can call me a very proud member of Rubber Dance Design Team!


Wish you all a wonderful and creative day!


Hugs, Anita

Here are some of the things I have made with stamps from Rubber Dance:









Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Awww, thank yuo so much for your kind words about the boss ;-) It was really nice to meet you, and we'll meet again soon - you, Dyan and I! That will be fun. Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions - it's nice to get to know more about you and how you work. Gorgeous samples, btw! I love the bright colours you often use. Makes me happy to look at! I'm so lucky to have you on my team, Anita! ♥
I just have to answer you on that Bibi - It's my pleasure, I want to stay on your Dream Team for ever!
Realy realy looking forward to September! :-)
Hugs, Anita
Artatag said…
That was an interesting interview! It was nice to get to know more about you and your fabulous art. Thanks for sharing!
ionabunny said…
Great interview Anita. It would be nice to get together with you and the rest of the team. Maybe, maybe. How exciting to be meeting one of your stamping heroes. I hope we get to hear a little bit about it. HUgz
Craftyfield said…
So interesting to hear about you Nita. I love your use of colours!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!