Blooming - Birthday Card for Bibi

Hello Rubber Dance fans, Craftyfield here, guesting today after winning the October challenge with this piece:

I was keen to join in with the November challenge theme and colours, as the DT and blog followers are celebrating Bibi's Birthday.
I like the colours and wanted to make my own tribute for Bibi's special day.

My card feature the popular Textured Flowers set, although I only used a single petal, and watercolours, which seem to be really trendy in the crafting world these days.



I used watercolour paper for my card base, and I first stamped the large face from the Collage Mix with black ink. Then, I stamped all my petals around the face in Memento Paris Dusk ink, using masks of the petals to give the impression of overlapping petals.

I added sentiments from the Happy Birthday set, using Memento Paris Dusk and Grape Jelly inks.

Using watercolours the old fashioned way, with a brush and tube colours, I painted the petals with a graded wash of purple to pink. I find the easiest way to do this is to apply water first to the petal and touch the loaded brush to one end of a petal and fade out the paint towards the center. This way you have a bit more time to work.
I added a bit of pink on the face in what would be the shaded areas, (this doesn't show very well in the photo), a bit of lipstick and a bit of purple "eyeshadow". Hey my gal is having a Birthday party!!!

When the flower was completely dry, I worked on the background with a wash of  turquoise, finishing by a few splatters of paint, taking care to protect the flower.

And there you have it, a bloomin' gal, just like Bibi on her special Birthday!

I hope this inspire you to pick up your stamps, create and enter the challenge!!! Remember there are 2 chances to win this month so you won't want to miss out...

Thank you dear readers for coming and leaving sweet comments and many thanks to Bibi for letting me loose on her blog!

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Awwww, thank you so much, dear Craftyfield! ♥ I love your card! What a fun idea to use the petals like that. Awesome! The turquoise shadows and splatters are the icing on my birthday cake ;-) *mmmwwwwah!*
ionabunny said…
This is gorgeous Craftyfield. Such a wonderful outside the box use of the petal and face stamps. Love this. Love the turquoise splats and shadows. Hugz
Susanne Rose said…
Craftyfield, your card is awesome. This idea is brilliant!!! I love it!!! xx Susanne.
Mac Mable said…
Fun and clever. Brought a smile to my face x
Wow this is not only such a clever idea but it's totally stunning too!
Hugs
Donna xx
Jackie PN said…
Gorgeous birthday card for Bibi! Lucky girl she is! xx

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!