A Garden Journal

Hello everyone Debs here to share my journal I  made to take notes and sketches in when wandering around the beautiful countryside. You see, I don't currently have a garden that's mine, so I need to make notes of things I see and like, to remind me. 



I got so carried away with creating the front page, that I forgot to take photos at first, but I'll walk you through what I did.


The background was created first with layer of chalk paint applied with a brayer, on top of which I repeated the process 
With metallic acrylic paint.


I added some script in Black ink and once dry started my stamping with flowers. The set comes with a tiny circle stamp which I used to add
Interest to the background. 


Below you can see how I completed the flowers, outlining with a fine paint pen. I added white highlights to give a stylised affect. 



All gardens need butterflies so I used my current favourite ones, as I new they would add a magical look to my page. 



The flowers and butterflies were painted with watercolours which allowed some of the shimmer through from the metallic paint.

To complete my journal I added a sentiment! And of course I say that to all the flowers. 


What I used
Stamps: Fave Flower, Butterfly Trio, Vintage Script.
Jane Davenport - Mermaid Markers.
Paper Artsy - Fresco Acrylic Paint 
That's Crafty - Metallic Acrylic 



I hope I have inspired you to decorate something with pretty flowers and butterflies 
It really is satisfying, especially in the UK where hazy summer days do not last that long.

Take care
Hugs xx


Comments

Such a delightful journal cover Debs, it's like looking into the garden itself. Super way to take notes to keep as memories and sketches of things that are pleasing to the eye. A beautiful project book to work in.. Hugs Tracey xx
Sue said…
This is beautiful Debs, the white pen really add to the magical feel of this xx
ionabunny said…
The butterflies and flowers work perfectly together. Beautiful cover. Hugz
Fab piece of artiness Debs ;)
Hugs
Donna xx
Beautiful garden book cover, Debs. You sure gave me inspiration, thank you so much.
Hugs, Anita x
This is beautiful Debs! Gorgeous colours and textures 😍
Beautiful journal cover Debs. I am sure got ideas for my next journal. Thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!