Cards Made From a Masterboard by Dot Leathbridge

Hi everyone,
I'm back this weekend with a tutorial to show you how easily a masterboard can be turned into cards.
Most of us have heard of 'masterboards' being talked about and have wondered ... why? ... how? ... is it really of any use?
I found it a whole lot of fun, not over-complicated and the hero in the end was the stamping.
Both the colours and the stamp sets are matching. I've also gone with hearts and winged-things as a theme.
They are kind of like an over-sized ATC in a round a bout way. 

Here is what I've ended up with.



I did end up with some left over pieces of card which I've kept because I like the colours.




Step 1:
I started with an A4 sized piece of white card. After smooching some DO's onto my craft sheet and spritzing with a little water, I wiped my card through the ink. Dried, dabbed more ink, dried ... until I was happy with the colours.  I've deliberately left some white spaces because I just think it is more interesting.
A little random stamping from Round in Circles and I Heart Art here and there and a little DO through a heart stencil was all that was needed for my masterboard.
All done!




Step 2:
I had an idea for some different card forms, so I've cut my card down to suit.
As an afterthought I've added some black stamping here and there.  
The edging was done using the outer bits of a heart from the I Heart Art set.
Oh, and then I added some black stars from the Merry Magpie set.



Step 3:
I still had some left over bits from my masterboard which came in handy for making butterflies and birds.
I have used extra bits of white card to stamp and cut out the Butterfly Trio stamp
And also to cut out a circle.
The Butterfly Trio I've left white.
The circle I've stamped where I want one of the birds to go.  I accidentally cut off the feet when I was fussy cutting her, so plan B was to stamp her out and add a body later.
The word Love is from the A Little Birdie set. It was stamped and coloured with DO's. And a few splatters were added too.





Step 4:

I needed another background as one of the masterboard pieces was a torn strip to add onto a card. 
I've used the same colours on this as what is on the masterboard.  
This is ALL stamping and a couple of splatters.  I looove stamping.



Step 5, 6 and 7 are the cards all assembled.




I've also matted the cards in different ways for you.  We all tend to have a few favourite ways of matting our cards.  
The love birds are matted onto black card.
The butterfly card has some layered matting.
And the Butterfly Trio is a smaller center onto larger pieces to give a sort of picture frame effect.

I hope you give a masterboard a try one day.
My advice is to keep it simple! 
Make the stamps the hero on your card!


Products Used:
Distress Oxides
Versafine Ink - Onyx Black
Stampers Anonymous stencil


Rubber Dance Stamps:



Thank you for looking.
Dot x

Comments

Mac Mable said…
What fabulous results from the master board. So creative and absolutely stunning x
Sue said…
These are beautiful Dot, I do like a good masterboard! xx
Bibi Lindahl said…
I love your cards, Dot! Such a pretty masterboard in lovely colours. I like how you left some areas white for more interest. Thank you for sharing your tutorial! ♥ ♥ ♥
Fantastic cards Dot! Love them ❣️
Unknown said…
Awesome cards Dot
Judy said…
Awsome Dot. Going to make a few masterboards and will be great for when I need a card. Your tutorial was great and easy to understand. Now i need to order just 2 more rubber dance stamps and good to go. Got all the rest. Fantastic job x
Craftyfield said…
Your masterboard complements so well the Zentangle designs! Gorgeous makes, Dot!
These are wonderful Dot, love masterboards but don’t use them often enough so this is a great reminder when you can see the fantastic effects you get
Hugs
Donna xx
maria f. said…
Love this project.
Susanne Rose said…
These cards are so so beautiful Dot!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!