Tutorial Tuesday - Art Journal Page by Dot


Hi it's Dot here with a tutorial for your Art Journal.



It was difficult to put into words how to make the paint background so I've made a video that shows it so much easier.  It really is quick and so much fun to make a marbled background with paints.
I'm new to video's so please excuse that it is taken sideways (yes, but there are no stamped images or words in this part so it isn't too bad to watch lol)






For the next part I have step-x-step pictures for you ...



Step 1: I've stamped the words from Something Wonderful in the center of the page and also onto some photo copy paper. The words have been cut out in one piece to make a mask.  A little bit of random stamping from Old Book Page is a great way to add a little interest to a page. 





Step 2: With the mask in place over the words, I've stamped some leaves from Twiggy Leaves around the words with oxides.





Step 3:  This is where I thought it needed a little 'oomph' so I've stamped some more leaves with archival black ink into the corners.





Step 4: While I was adding some more stamping of a single leaf from the set I dropped it onto my page, leaving a mark.  As a way around it I've stamped the leaf onto some white card and fussy cut it out.  It's a great way to cover little things, and I was really happy with how it finished up.  The extra leaf gave the page a bit of a lift. And some stenciling using the Twisted Citron and a little Peeled Paint oxides.


Other Products Used:
Archival black ink
Distress Oxides: Iced Spruce, Peeled Paint and Twisted Citron
Dina Wakley paints: Lime, Elephant and Black

Rubber Dance Stamps Used:


I hope that you have enjoyed the tutorial ... even the side-ways video!

Please remember that our current challenge still has another week to go. I hope that you follow the link and pop over to see the amazing inspiration and entries and perhaps join in the fun.


Dot x





Comments

crafty-stamper said…
Great journal page fabulous marbled background(great video)love the stamps and sentiments
Carol x
Ink Art Designs said…
Thanks Carol ... they are great stamps to play with :)
Sue said…
This is really lovely Dot, I think Twisted Citron is my favourite colour at the moment xx
Craftyfield said…
Lovely page, the colours scheme is beautiful!
Lemon Creation said…
Beautiful page Dot, I love the delicate colors in the background! xo
Gorgeous page Dot,lovely zingy colours too
Hugs
Donna xx

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!